Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Well... the call I have been waiting for came in today at 10:03a.m. I was upstairs at a customer’s house when I heard the cell phone ring downstairs. Off I ran. I definitely was not going to miss it. We had expected the call would come in on March 2nd. Then, we were told to expect it on March 4th, but it took until today, March 9th. Every evening, for the last five weeks, I have asked my Tim, “Did you hear from Oles today?” Some days the answer would be, “Yes,” but not with the information I was so waiting to hear. Our SDA appointment will be March 25th at noon. I almost cannot believe it. It was like being told when you are going to give birth, only with no diapers and bottles! I have had to keep pinching myself all day to confirm I was not dreaming. I cannot believe we will be leaving in less than two weeks. I have most of my stuff ready to go. Or at least I hope I do. I will need to repack a few things, as we will have warmer weather than we had first anticipate. I hear Ukraine is beautiful in the spring time. I am so looking forward to learning more about the country our girls come from. I want them to be able to see a little of it while we are there. We have some friends who are over there adopting right now; and they went to see the Nutcracker the other night. They said it was fantastic. I would love to get to take the girls while we’re in Odessa.

On a sad note, we will not be here for Easter this year. We will also miss the 21st birthday of our youngest son. Somehow we will find a way to make it up to him. I am not sure telling we are giving him two sisters would be much of a gift! I know he understands, or at least that is what I am telling myself. Hehehe!!

Please continue to pray for us. Safe travel, finances, sleep, and always seeking Him...

Lynn

3 comments:

  1. I am not sure how I found your blog but am so excited to hear about your journey to your girls. I pray that every part of your journey to bring them home is blessed and will be following as you go to Ukraine. Our Ukrainian daughters (now 13 and 11) have been home a little over a year! We loved almost every minute of our time in Ukraine! Our girls were in Zhytomyr.
    www.twojourneysofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made a donation (GLBC} -- We pray all goes well for you. Will continue to follow your updates.

    butlerbunch8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete