Thursday, March 18, 2010

Exodus 13:21 -- The LORD was going before them in a pillar of cloud by day to lead them on the way, and a pillar of fire by night to give them light, that they may travel by day and by night.

God gave the Hebrews pillars of cloud and fire so they would know day and night that GOD was with them on their journey to the promised land. God has given me the same assurance of this morning. The Bible was not something the Israelites had, but we need to look at it for GOD’s direction in our life. We can look at God’s Word as a map on how we are to live out the life He calls us to. I have been struggling the last week with hear what I was not sure was not God, but after much prayer I have settled it. I was hearing, “Are you sure you heard right?” “Are you really supposed to adopt?” See, at first, everything went so fast and smoothly, but then there were some bumps. It has been difficult to remain confident that God’s timing is always the best. I am so looking forward to going and bring the girls home, to show them God’s love for them.

We are down to just 1 1/2 days before we leave. It seems surreal. We have waited a long time for this to come. I had a friend say, ”It is just like being pregnant, but only on paper. You still go through all the hormone changes, and the nesting, wanting everything to be perfect when you bring the baby home. Then, you have the papa who does not get it. We want the house clean, their room done just right.” (I think they say the first 15 seconds is the best impression; and I want to make the best one I can.) The thing is, I can leave the house clean, but I am not coming home with Tim. He will be here for 3-4 weeks by himself. Not that he is not clean. It is just he does not run the vacuum and dust. But he will be busy with work, getting the pool ready for the summer, and hopefully putting in my new cook top. Hint, hint! So in the scheme of life is it a big deal? NO. That is why I am not going to let it get to me. Or at least try not to.

I feel ready to go. Both boys are taken care of. Parents have new phone, TV & Internet. It may have been too much to give them all at one time, but my mom is doing great. We will be able to Skype with them and make phone calls as long as we have Internet, so that made her happy, and me, too! Cats have someone to come and feed them every day. Everything is pulled together, just waiting to close and zip the suitcase shut. And, then, we will be off, and the next part of this Journey begins. So make sure you follow along.

Thanks again for the prayers. I can feel them all as I am sure Tim can, too.

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn,
    I too am pregnant and heading to Ukraine, hopefully in 6-8 weeks. By then, you should be home! I talked to your husband a few weeks ago and just found your blog, so I will be following and praying. We used Oles to facilitate for our last adoption and loved him. We are so looking forward to seeing him again! Our blog for our last two was www.ukraineadoption-dave.blogspot.com Not sure yet if we are adding on to this or making a new one. God's speed, enjoy the journey..you may never walk this way again! (Of course, that is what I thought!)
    Kathie Schweickert

    ReplyDelete