Saturday, March 20, 2010

Joshua 4:1 -- Now when all the nation had finished crossing the Jordan, the LORD spoke to Joshua…

After the people safely crossed the river what would be next? Conquering the land? Not yet. First God directed them to build a memorial of stones drawn from the river. It may not have seemed important in their mission, but God did not want His people to plunge into a task unprepared. They were to focus on Him and remember who was guiding them. As we are busy going about our day doing our God given tasks, set aside quiet moments, times to build our own memorial to God's power. Too much activity may shift your focus away from God.

I cannot believe how faithful God has been in this whole adventure. When I can't see it working, He comes in and shows me who is in control. And I am learning to “leave it at the cross”. When I submitted to God on doing this, I thought GOD was crazy. I am too old. I can't afford this. Why me? My kids are grown and out of the house. And the list can go on and on. But while I cannot do it on my own. I can with God.

Tim and I mailed out some fundraising letters several weeks ago to family, friends, and co-workers; and we waited, most of the time patiently, but not always trusting God. In just the last few days, though, GOD provided more than $1000. We still have not reached the goal for what we need, but I can see how God is bringing us closer to it. Tim reminded me several weeks ago that the Israelites had to step into the Jordan for the water to stop flowing, and that we quite probably would need to step on the plane for the rest of the funds we needed to come in. So we wait on the Lord, and He IS providing. It is THREE hours until our plane leaves; and I sit here at peace. I am not worrying about anything. GOD is working over there, as I sit here.

I am not sure of how much Internet access we will have once we are in Ukraine, but I will post as often as I can. Thank you again for all the prayers you all have said for us. We now are going to bring the girls home to the “promised land”, a land of milk and honey, a nation which is clearly the richest on earth. Let them shine bright for the LORD. Let them learn their plan that God wants them to take; and let no man stand between them and God. Talk to you all when we get over the BIG pond.

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment