Saturday, March 13, 2010

Colossians 1:16-17: For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

I have been thinking of this verse all week. With so much going on in our lives, so many changes over the horizon, and so much weakness on my part, I find peace and courage in this verse. I feel so overwhelmed and fearful at times, uncertain of my calling, then I remember that I do not have to hold it all together. He does. I have had a few moments the past few days when I think, “I can't do this,” or, “Why me, God?” Then, He reminds me that I cannot do it, but He can. Sometimes am so selfish. I want to put my flesh before Him and others. I guess it was like when I was pregnant… I could not see how much joy my children would bring into my life. Now, I can't imagine my life without them. Thank you, JESUS, for giving them to me.

I had a friend from church post something on Facebook the other night about not being able to adopt because of her age, but she said she would like to help with some funding as she was sure it cost a lot. Then, she said if everyone we knew gave a little it would add up to a lot. Well, yes, it would. By the time we all get home we will have spent about $30,000. That is a mind blowing number. Then I sat down and did some math. I figured out how many days we would have each girl until they turn eighteen and divided that number by the total adoption expense. It came to $5.75 per child per day to change their lives forever. That seems like so little when compared to the life they would have if they stay where they are at. We are going to change their eternity. I am so thankful helping with that. We live in such a blessed world and yet take it so for granted.

Prayers:
- I have a plan which includes cooperation by judges and other Ukrainian officials. My plan may fail, but that is OK, for every authority in Ukraine was created by Him and for Him. Thus, I can be at peace, knowing His timing will be perfect.

- Travel to and from Ukraine. Tim will be staying three to four weeks, then I will be in a foreign country by myself. For those of you who know me, that could be scary for all involved! :-)

- God’s direction on where we are to stay while there. Tim needs the best Internet access he can get in order to be able to work while over there.

- The rest of the funds to come in. We have purchased the tickets, believing in faith.


Lynn

5 comments:

  1. I love how you are leaning on this verse and on God's plan and His strength through this. I'm sure there will be so many times that the overwhelming feelings will want to take over but God is still in control. Doesn't it make you wonder how in the world people handle these kinds of things without the strength, the peace, and the love of God? Your girls are worth it and I know you know that....other wise you wouldn't be doing this. I will be in prayer for you guys as you head over there. You'll be fine there and I'm sure God will put people in your path that you can become friends with and lean on when you are there by yourself. I flew over all by myself the first time I went on a mission trip there and I've never gone anywhere by myself before. I get lost going to Walmart so I had to really depend on God big time! I didn't have to be there by myself though. God loves to take us out of our comfort zones so that we lean on Him though (as you already know I think!) : )
    I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful verse and brought me some peace as well - thank you Lynn!!! I'm praying for all of us - I too know God's timing is perfect - I believe he had us run into each other @ Dulles for a reason. I know after all these weeks he directed me to that "lost" piece of paper with your blog and He directed me to your blog on the day your got your appt.!!! He knows we will be there alone - in a strange country and has given us each other as support - no doubt in my mind!!!

    I understand completely everything you're feeling - I feel exactly the same way. My sister said "God holds your daughter in his hands so he's holding you as well - you will be safe and ok" I believe that is true for all of us!!

    Can you believe it's Monday!!!! Fri. morning will get here fast I think from this point - happy, excited, scared, nervous - you name it - cannonballs in my stomach. I'm just ready to go now and move forward.

    I'm praying for you and Tim every day. I know you will have a safe and humbling journey. It will all work out - we have to remember - this is bigger than any of us - we're just following direction!!!

    Will talk to you mid week to touch base and firm up schedules!
    Blessings!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your verse. And pray that you all will be in his care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you are packing, take a small bottle of garlic powder. Ukraine has the best bread-we used it to make garlic bread-it was sooooo delicious. We have spent 6 months of the last 4 years in Ukraine-we adopted twice-once in 05 and again in 08. Cara

    ReplyDelete