Friday, June 19, 2009

It is 6:15 in the morning on Friday and I am sitting in the carport. My mom and I are going to have a garage sale today. I planned on setting up after I had come home from church last night, but came in to no power. So, I got up at 5:00 this morning and performed the set up. I was all ready to take the tarps down when it dawned on me that I didn't have any change. Mom had it all with her. So I will stay closed till she gets here. It is so hot here and humid. I sit here wondering what the weather is like in Ukraine. Do the girls have air conditioning where they are, or do they even know what that is? What about a fan? Is it as humid there as we get here? Do they have to stay outside all day, or are they allowed to go inside to cool off? What about in the winter? How cold is it there? Do they get snow? What about clothes? Do they have what they need for each season, in the size they need? So many questions, and no way to really get the answers I want. God is teaching me to trust Him that they are OK. They are His children; and He will provide for their needs.

I wonder what they know about God? Are there any missionaries in those smaller towns to visit them, or do they stick to the larger towns where they can affect more children? I hope the girls are not "lost in the cracks". I pray they are not mad at God for taking their parents away from them, and that they have no other family to go to, so they get placed in a home with a lot of other kids who are all in the same condition. All the kids need and deserve a good home. I am sure the hearts of many of the workers there have hardened for they would almost have to in order to be able to do that kind of job. I figure some do it just because it is a job, and they need the money, and have no love or even like for these kids. Or you would think they would want to bring every child home, which of course they could not do. But do the girls even have one adult there they can go to that will give them a hug and tell them it will really be OK, that God loves them and wants the best for them? Do they cry themselves to sleep at night, not even being able to be together? What about a bear, or a doll, to hug and hold, anything that is truly theirs alone? I sit and cry as I think of them there all alone, in the dark at night with nothing, but the name their parents gave them.

As a mom, I feel myself falling so much more in love with them each day. I am trying not to, but I don't know how to stop it. I just want to go, and hug them, and tell them it will be OK. But will it?

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment