Thursday, June 18, 2009

On June 14th, I woke up that morning with a really bad headache. I had had it all weekend; and it would not go away. I knew that a young woman would be in Sunday school that day to talk about her experiences visiting orphanages in Ukraine, but I still could not make myself get up to go to church that morning. As I laid there in bed, I wondered if Tim would pick a girl for us to pray for, or if he would get a boy. Whenever I picked, I always went for a girl, as God never seemed to give me one; and that was OK. I have two wonderful sons, Justin who is 25 and Christopher who is 20.

When Tim came home from church, we went to have lunch with Christopher and my parents. While we were sitting there, he talked about the young woman and the class. He said she had showed a video this time, which she had not the last time she had visited our class. I was then really sorry that I had allowed Satan to keep me from going to class, but little did I realize that what Satan had planned to tear down, GOD planned to build up. Tim mentioned the prayer card he took had 2 children; and they were siblings a brother and sister. I fell in love at first sight. God started working in me in ways I can not even begin to explain. I kept looking at the picture all throughout the afternoon and evening. The children were even in my dreams that night.

The next day we received an email from the young woman telling us all about the children. As I read it, I thought, "Wait a minute!! I thought Tim had said it was a boy and a girl!" The email clarified their names are Kristina and Alyona. I knew Kristina was a girls name, but, as I don't speak Russian, I wasn't sure if Alyona was a boy's or girl's name. Although, some people don't think I speak very good English, either. At half way through the first page of the letter, I heard a voice tell me to, "GO GET THEM. THEY ARE YOURS". I looked around the room to find I was the only one there. I kept reading, figuring the noise must have been "gas"! Then, I heard it again, "GO GET THEM. THEY ARE YOURS". Again I looked around the room, and I was still the only one there. So... on I kept reading; and, well, I will just tell you it gets really strange! The last line of the letter says, "If you or anyone you know is interested in adoption, I am happy to help in any way I can." Hang on... A third time I hear, "GO GET THEM. THEY ARE YOURS NOW!!!" I don't know about you, but if you are home alone, and you hear voices, you begin to question your sanity! I have heard that voice, in that tone, only a few other times in my life: when I made my earthly father mad; and when I made my heavenly father made. Usually when I had been told me to do something, and I hadn't. By the 3rd time he was not happy get the picture.

By the time I had I finished reading I was crying because I found out that both of their parents had passed away and they had no other family. They had been together at Orphanage #4, but then one day Kristina was sent away to a place in Balta; and Alyona then went to Kiliya. They now live about 300 miles away from each other. They have no way to keep in contact so they will lose touch with each other. The letter talked about how Kristina used to take good care of her little sister, always looking out for her. There was such sadness in their eyes, like dark spots that went all the way to their toes. I just can't explain it except to say it was a "mom feeling". If they were closer I could go see them, but they are half way around the world!

When Moisés left for college, after living with us for a year, I swore that I would never, never let my feelings get out of control again; and especially for two girls I would never see, talk to, nor even get to hold! The email described where the girls were; and that it would be very difficult to get letters or packages to them. So how could I even begin to think of caring for them? After all, they were were just "pictures" on my refrigerator. I spent all day struggling not to sit at my desk and stare at their pictures, and not reread the letter to see if I missed something. Anything. By the time Tim got home, I knew I WAS IN BIG TROUBLE. They were "my" girls. God had told me so all day, but I told Him that for once in my life I was not going to "make" this happen. Tim had to fall in love with them and come tell me we had to go bring them home. This time I intended to be the submissive wife. I wanted this to be a GOD thing, not a man thing. As a man thing this might be considered "easy". There clearly would be nothing easy about this. Plus, I had no idea if Tim would even be open to the idea.

I just want to glorify God in all I do. So let the journey begin. I hope you will follow along on the story of our girls. I am sure God will make it a best seller, at least it will be to the Loecher family and to our two new daughters!


Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment