Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I want to thank everyone who has prayed with us over the last seven months. Last night I put a post out on Facebook for all my friends to pray; and it worked! When I went to bed last night, I laid there and prayed for about a half hour, then fell asleep. Our paperwork was to be submitted this morning in Ukraine. Tim awoke, with a start, at 4:00am; and said he immediately felt he needed to pray, so he did. Well, it must have been about the time the SDA was reviewing everything. When they were finished, they said everything looked good; and nothing needed to be redone. YEAH!!! I think last night was the best night sleep I have had in weeks. I guess I knew GOD was going to do a miracle. When our translator (Oles) called Tim with the news, we also learned that next week we should receive notification of our SDA appointment. As well, we were informed that both of the girls are in the system and are officially eligible to be adopted! Tim mentioned to Oles how neat it was that our friends who are there, and adopting from the same orphanage, got to take their son stay with them during the 10-day wait period. Oles went on to say the director has already told him that when we get there we will be able to have Alyona stay with us. As a result, she will get to see Kristina even more quickly than I had thought. If all goes well, we are hoping to travel the second week of March. I can't believe we are almost ready to go. It would be so cool if we get a call this week with the travel date, but it is all in God’s timing. I have so much to do in such a short period of time, but I would find a way to be ready if they said, “Be here next week.” Who needs sleep anyway?!?! Well, I am going to get started packing. I will post again as soon as we have our appointment date. Again, thank you for the prayers; and please keep them coming.

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. i'll be praying for you.

    sometime on sunday i'll use the PayPal button & donate. i have to see how much i can do. it probably won't be more than $20, but it can add up with others.

    and just FYI, i'm not sure of your exact situation (just came to your blog from Ashley's, i talked with her during her adoption journey) but if you're ever in DC again, i live - literally - in a neighborhood where you can see the Dulles airport control tower from. if you need a place to stay overnight, we have an extra room. :-)

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete