Saturday, January 30, 2010

It has been a hard and emotional month. I miss Justin a lot; and the house is so quiet with Alyona gone. No wrestling on the floor, or laughter as we try to figure out what each other is saying. But this too will be pass, soon, I hope. It is hard to believe it is almost the 1st of February. I was not sure we would get to that day, but here we are! Our dossier is supposed to be submitted on Monday. We have had a few last minute things the Ukrainian government now wants. So, more paperwork, notarizations, and Apostilles. You would think that a state background check, along with the FBI background check, would be enough, but they now want an Interpol check.

In hopes of hearing of a quick travel date, I have started packing my stuff today with "expecting faith". Tim also pulled some of his things together, as he will be real busy getting the last minute stuff at work finished. At least I can help with some of home & packing preparations for him. I guess we will live off the bed in the guest bedroom for the next few weeks, as that is where most of our clothes are. I was very surprised when I put most all of my stuff in the suitcase to see how much it weighed. I was shocked. It was only 32 pounds! YEAH, me! I will be able to make it. (I hope anyway.)

On a side note, please be praying for us. We are still short some funds, but they will come in on GOD's timing. He has supplied all the money up to know, right as we have needed it. I received this devotion today and wanted to share it with y'all:

Good to the Last Drop

For thus says the LORD God of Israel: "The bin of flour shall not be used up, nor shall the jar of oil run dry, until the day the LORD sends rain on the earth. -- 1 Kings 17:14

When Corrie ten Boom was in the Nazi death camp of Ravensbruck, her sister Betsie became desperately ill. Corrie had a little bottle of Davitamon, and she was torn whether to hoard the vitamin for Betsie or to share it with other sick inmates. Betsie reminded Corrie of the story of the widow in 1 Kings 17, and of God's ability to make a little go a long way. She was convinced God could replenish the supply as needed. At first, Corrie scoffed at the idea; but to her amazement, the bottle always seemed to have a little more in it.

"Every time I tilted the little bottle," she said, "a drop appeared at the top of the glass stopper. It just couldn't be! I held it up to the light, trying to see how much was left, but the dark brown glass was too thick to see through."

We can trust God with our needs. He is able to make a little go further than we think, and He delights in replenishing the bin of flour and the jar of oil.

I rely upon Him. I commit the whole work to Him, and He will provide me with what I need, in future also, though I know not whence the means are to come. -- George Muller

Hope y'all have a good week. I will post as soon as we know anything.

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. You will be in my prayers...that God will continue to give you patience and courage to wait on His ultimate timing. I hope you hear soon about your travel dates!!! :-)

    Carala

    ReplyDelete