Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Wow! What a whirlwind of a day. I started out at the gym. Then, off to work. I cleaned two houses by 11:45 am. At that point I needed to go take a nap, but that was not to be in my schedule today. I had to meet Tim to get his name on a piece of paper so I could get it in the mail yet today. Tim had his doctor appointment this morning. It seemed to go good, except they forgot to do the TB test. So, now he has to go back tomorrow.

Anyway, from there I had to go to the church to pick up a letter for the social worker. I then made a couple of phone calls to find out why some other documents had not arrived yet. Next, to the post office, then the Mississippi Department of Safety to file a request for a background check. And on to the County Appraiser's office to get the certified copy of the square footage statement for our house. While I was there, I decided to go ahead and pay for Tim's truck tags. I was speaking to a lady in line about the adoption; and she was happy for us. After she left, the man ahead of me stepped up to pay; and he asked me to join him at the window. He wanted to know how much my tags were. I told him, "$27.00;" and he asked the lady to add it to his bill. Then, he said for me to apply the money I saved to the adoption. WOW!! My God is sooooo good!

I also had my doctor appointment this afternoon. It went well; and they remembered my TB test! We both go back in on Friday morning to have them read. Mrs. Betti called me this afternoon to tell me she was afraid we might have a serious problem with our FBI check. When we sent off for the background check we wrote a November 1st deadline on the outside of the envelope. She said we should have written "Return in 2 weeks". She went on to say that as a result it be might be 10 weeks before we receive the response back, so she gave me a number to call to check. Oh, lucky me. The menu prompts had changed. I was stunned when I actually got a live person on the other end, who then told me the background checks were complete; and the responses were to be mailed TOMORROW! Praise the Lord!! Once more our angels are watching out for us.

By the way... I did get home in time to lay down for a short nap. The operative word is "short" because the phone rang FIVE times. In other words, STILL NO NAP. Some day, maybe, but as for now it is worth not getting one if it helps to get the girls home as soon as we can. And if that means no nap for a while, so be it!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment