Monday, August 03, 2009

In the early afternoon of July 28th, Mrs. Betti, from Catholic Charities, called about the home study. She will be our social worker for the case. She is very nice! She is retired and works only when needed, or requested. The Tygarts had used her, so I had asked about her. She knew we wanted to get started, so asked if we could come yet that afternoon, about 4:30. Of course, I said yes! I called Tim and left very quickly there after to get him in order to get to her house. I was very nervous; and felt kind of like a fish out of water, but Vicky had said to just be open. They hold nothing against you. They just need to know about you. We spent about one and half hours with her, going over the paper, and talking. She asked a lot of questions. As we left, she set up two more appointments, one for me, and one for Tim. I had my 2nd appointment last Friday. We talked about even more paperwork, then about my life, from childhood right up until that afternoon. She said I talk too fast! She had a hard time writing it all down. I guess that is because I am from the north. LOL!

I have written letters to both of the girls. We have meet some friends, at church. The wife is from Russia, and the husband is from America. Because she speaks and reads Russian, she will be translating the letters for me. I sure do hope the girls get them. I also hope I am learning all the lessons God is trying so hard to teach me, the first time, as I don't want to have to do this again.

We had the Tygarts over for dinner the other night. It was fun watching Joshua Alex. He is so curious about things. We learned a lot of info from them that night on how to proceed and what things we need to get started on right away. Then, last night we went to a welcome home party for Grisha/baby shower for the Fumias. We also met some other couples; and they were able to answer even more questions. And it will be OK if I don't get to do this the way I thought I needed to in the beginning. GOD is in control; and He will guide our steps, if I let him. I like to be in control; and that is one thing He is showing me. He has to be the one in control. This process will not work out if I insist on taking the lead. I must learn to follow. Lesson learned: Follow GOD and your path will be smooth, or at least not as bumpy as it could have been.

One of the couples we met last night said they only got to spend one and one half hours with the little girl they wanted to adopt; and that was over a two day period! I had been thinking, "I need all ten days," but God told me this morning, in the shower, He has this plan for these girls to be ours forever, so I don't need to be with them for the whole ten days. He has them as my daughters already. I have claimed them. Now, all I need is just a piece of paper to say they belong to me! I am so glad it is easier to become His daughter than to go to another country to adopt. I come to Him dirty and full of sin; and He cleans me up and makes me His child. I am not sure why He is so good to me.

I hope the girls know of His love. This morning in Sunday school, the Tygarts were telling about their adventures of adopting; and Vicky said Josh never thought he would be adopted, that no family would come for him, as he was not a good boy. He had his share of trouble in the past. Who has not? But to feel so unworthy of himself broke my heart. I hope people have not told my girls that. They are God’s children and God does not make a mistake. I will make sure they know God’s love for them in every way I can. They have been chosen by God to come to our family, to make us complete. After listening to the other families, Saturday night, I know we will have many challenges ahead of us, but it sure will be fun.

I went to do some school shopping yesterday for Christopher, our youngest son, and I walked through the girls department of J.C. Penney’s; and I thought to myself, "Some day, not too far off, I will get to be doing this with my girls." I can't wait! Later, Tim and I had to take some of the stuff back, I had bought; and while waiting in line we look at bedspreads in the catalog, and showed each other what we liked. This will be fun. I want pink, and more PINK. I want them to feel like princesses, as they may have never had that feeling. I am sure we will come to a compromise of what to do in their room, but I hope there is some PINK in it. Besides, what dad doesn't want his girls to be happy!

Well, for now all we can do is sit here, and wait to do more paperwork, pray, write letters, pray, talk with other families, pray, write checks to people; and did I mention PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, and PRAY HARDER for God’s peace to rain down on us, and keep us still when He wants us still, and moving when He wants us moving. Until then, please pray with us.

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment